I wanted to share the pictures from my first trip to China (Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai) and Korea (Seoul). I decided to employ the latest hotness in Web-based, high-resolution image visualization: Silverlight Deep Zoom. It is something you have to see to fully appreciate. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Install Silverlight 2 (currently in Beta but it’s safe and will auto-update).
- Return to this page and hit F5 to refresh.
The above steps only need to be done once. If you see the images below, you already have Silverlight installed.
- Pan around the image by click-dragging (like Live/Google Maps).
- If your mouse has a wheel: Use the wheel to zoom in/out for more/less detail.
- If your mouse does not have a wheel: Left-click to zoom in, hold down Shift then left-click to zoom out.
I hope you enjoy the photos and Deep Zoom. Let me know what you think.